Douglas Lake and Dandridge, TN, can provide you and your reunion group with more than just a gorgeous lakeside Smoky Mountain backdrop, it can provide a multitude of opportunities to do activities the entire family can participate in, or if you’ve brought a church, school or even a platoon and everyone wants to find their own thing to do, our location is well suited for that as well!
Here are just a few suggestions on themes to engage your group into.
Action And Thrillseeking
Wow, where we would even start? East Tennessee is loaded with amazing things designed with groups in mind. This theme will be perfect if you have a family full of older kids and middle-aged adults and want them to get some adrenaline pumping.
* Theme Parks * – Dollywood, Dolly’s Splash Country, Ober Gatlinburg,
* Rides * – Bungee Jumping, Fast Tracks, Flyaway Indoor Skydiving
* Altitude * – Smoky Mountain Helicopter Tours, Ziplining, Rock Climbing
You came to the lake, why not get wet? Besides the great big Douglas Dam, there are many rivers and creeks offering amazing adventures for those who seek them in the Smokies as well.
* Lake * – Fishing, Jet Skiing, Party Boat Rentals
* Rivers * – Kayaking, Tubing, Whitewater Rafting
* Other * – Dolly’s Splash Country, Ripley’s Aquarium
The Theatre Guild
Just a short ways away is Pigeon Forge, TN, which is sometimes referred to as the Country Music capital of East Tennessee. This title is not official, but with so many music avenues both on the parkway and off, without even considering Dollywood, it’s pretty easy to see where that title would come from!
* Country * – Country Music Tonite, Dixie Stampede, Dollywood
* Oldies * – American Oldies Theater, Grand Majestic Theater, Memories Theatre
* Family * – The Comedy Barn, Lumberjack Feud, Murder Mystery Theatre
Adventures In The Mountains
Of course, the only reason anything is even here in the first place is because of the Great Smoky Mountains and the National Park that encapsulates and protects it. If you come to the mountains and not explore the mountains, you’re not even really going on vacation here! Definitely consider a hike in the mountains while staying in East Tennessee.
These are all just some starting suggestions. If you’d like more information on any of these attractions or more ideas for reunion themes, call us today at 800-249-5376.